For many women, pregnancy brings a lot of positive feelings. Knowing that you will be a carrier of another life, is a miracle indeed! It gives you, as the expectant mother, the rights to own your decision on what food to take, to some extent, as some may have an aversion for certain foods. This will require significant others to provide what you are craving for. Otherwise, you may feel dejected, so will the baby. It also gives you the right to have mood swings, if not the baby inside your womb will also be affected if you others will respond negatively to your tantrums.
During pregnancy, you also have the right to stay beautiful. Even though there are unsightly marks of pregnancy that will start to develop, especially during the early part of your pregnancy, you still need to feel good inside and outside. The best thing that can do a quick mood and face-lift is putting on makeup. Here we provide some tips so that you will be guaranteed to have safe makeup during pregnancy.
Makeup and Pregnancy
Less is beautiful is the principle that will guide you for a better-looking you during this period. Here is an easy and quick guideline that you can follow as you do your daily beauty routine.
- Use makeup and other beauty products based on your pregnancy skin. Not every pregnant woman will show that pregnancy glow. Many complain of having dry skin. It depends on how your body responds to the erratic hormonal production while you are pregnant. So, if you have a dry skin, you need to use a moisturizer, liquid foundation, concealer, and a pressed powder. If your skin turns to be oily, use products that are less likely to clog the pores (also known as non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic).
- Conceal dark areas with concealers and creams. You can easily conceal puffy eyes and dark circles with some nourishing cream and a good concealer. Use the right shade that will blend well with your natural color. You can also put on some mascara on your lashes. Curl your lashes before putting on the mascara.
- Use hair cleansing products that are sulfate-free. Opt for milder formulations for your hair care routine. Your hair has a greater tendency to become healthier during pregnancy, so you really won’t need to do regular salon visits.
- Enhance the look and shape of your face. Bring back the glow on your face with a blush or a bronzer. When applying the blush on, smile and dust off a lighter shade of the blush on the apples of your cheeks. Expectant moms feel and look bloated during pregnancy. To make your face look slimmer, apply a darker shade along your cheekbone on top of the lighter shade. Blend them well, so it will look more natural on your face.
- Finish the look with a lip gloss or a light lipstick. To create a subtle and more natural look, apply a light color lip gloss. Nude shades will look perfect for a light yet cheerful look. Use one that is formulated with natural moisturizers. If you would rather have lipstick on your face, use one that blends well with your makeup.
Choose the right makeup
Your skin is a lot more sensitive while you are pregnant, so you have to make sure that you use a product that won’t hurt your skin. Consider products that are free of these toxic ingredients: parabens, phthalates, retinol, preservatives (phenoxyethanol and benzyl benzoate), artificial dyes, oxybenzone, aluminum powder, Diazolidinyl Urea.
It is best that you go with makeup and beauty products that are made of all-natural ingredients, do not contain parabens, phthalates, BPA, and are vegan, as well as cruelty-free.
Keep That Glow On Your Skin
With or without makeup, you can still retain the natural glow on your skin. Here are recommendations to achieve that.
- Give yourself enough rest. Keep your mind and body from stress-provoking actions and attitudes. You also need to allow yourself to enjoy a quality and enough hours of sleep. This will make you feel invigorated in the morning and will keep you ready to seize your day with a smile on your face.
- Drink water regularly. Your body feels a lot warmer while you are pregnant. Cool down and replenish lost liquid by drinking water after every two hours. It is best if you can always drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Drinking sufficient water will ensure that you help your body to get rid of toxins. It can also help clear out any blemish, acne, and other skin problems that you may have.
- Exercise. Engage in light exercises regularly. You may also do some facial exercise to tone your facial muscles naturally. For any complicated exercise that you may feel like doing, consult your doctor first.
- Eat healthy. Make sure that you consume a balanced diet to ensure that you are providing adequate nourishment to your baby. If you think that you are not getting enough nutrients from the food and drinks that you take, ask your doctor for any supplementation that you should take. Your primary healthcare provider will remind you of the recommended daily allowance as well.
- Stay positive. You should steer clear of any circumstance or people that will make you think otherwise. A good disposition will make you feel more satisfied. As a result, you won’t find any reason to complain about anything. If you continue to hold a positive outlook, it will show on your face and in the way you manage your day.
As a pregnant mom, you will encounter a lot of challenges within and without. Continue to seek things that will make you feel better. It will also help if you keep a journal of the things that make you happy throughout the day. You can go back to what you have written any time that you don’t feel good about yourself or your day. Soon enough, everything that will keep that smile on your face will become too easy for you. True beauty will reflect from you naturally.